Monday, September 27, 2010

Gold Panda presents Lucky Shiner


Gold Panda has released some of my favourite music (originals and remixes) over the past year and a half, and I'm pretty damn excited about this debut album of his. I have streamed the whole thing a number of times and I'm happy to see the dude has hit one out of the park. Some of these artists that come out and release a few killer singles make me nervous when it comes time for the (drum-roll-please....scratch that: ominous-timpani roll please) dreaded debut album. GP had a palette I was worried would be a little limiting when it came to trying to sustain listener interest for 40 or 60 minutes. However, here he has expanded that palette into a few different directions, some obvious, some not-so-obvious, that have made this a great listening experience. Really, this could be one of the best albums of the year and I'm happy to see a guy who showed so much promise deliver the goods. I'd hit repeat on this one a few times.

Pick it up on Vinyl/CD/MP3 from Ghostly International here.










No comments:

Post a Comment