Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sail A Whale Remixes Korallreven


Well, this takes the Sail A Whale total song tally up to 4: two remixes, two originals. This particular track comes from the digital EP release from Acephale for Korallreven's Truest Faith. I would buy it. Now. Acephale pay special attention when it comes to the caliber of remixes they put their stamp of approval on. At $4.99, this Sail A Whale mix alone is worth the price of admission. As for the song itself, it's a slow build of melody and atmosphere, gorgeously textured (as per usual for Sail A Whale) and then the beat comes in. Beauty before beat, got it? I think it may be a Sail A Whale trade secret. This is no conventional remix, it's more interested in finding new layers of depth to an already stunning song, rather than simply dropping a new beat over top. The whole thing has that 'ominous yet lovely' feel that I've already come to associate with Sail A Whale's music. Next up for them is a new release on Acephale/Sincerely Yours. Watch these guys, I'm telling you...

As proof of my love of Sail A Whale and this song, it took me about 8 hours to upload this song. I had to upload it it in various places, squash bitrates, convert to mp3, blah, blah, so enjoy. It's worth the effort to get this one out into the world.

UPDATED: Due to the poor quality of the audio on the track below, the guys in Sail A Whale were kind enough to send over a link, so I could share the song with you the way it was meant to be heard. Get it HERE.

Buy the EP via itunes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment