Thursday, July 1, 2010

Silly Kissers - You Could Even Like Me


Here's a video I edited together. This one is for a Silly Kissers songs with a very galloping keyboard line (Did Steve Harris of Iron Maiden play keys on this one?). This is one of my fave songs from Precious Necklace and I really can't say enough good things about this band overall. I predict very good things for them. Not a lot of electropop groups can release rock solid albums, even New Order has few solid albums to their credit - they have a lot of great songs, but not a lot of bookend to bookend great albums. Silly Kissers seem to have it down. The last rock solid electropop record I can think of is Soviet's We are Eyes, We are Builders and it's been a minute since that one came out. As for the video, well, I saw this footage and realized the raw energy and drama of their dancing was the only thing that could capture this song for me. Personally, I find seeing this dancing placed in this context really awe-inspiring. Just watching Shaan and Nadira dance is a workout in itself.

Get the album digitally or vinyl-y here

No comments:

Post a Comment