Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cold Cave - Life Magazine


Cold Cave...hmm, how have I not done a post on these guys yet? They were one of my favourite bands of last year, and released one of my favourite albums of last year, and one of my favourite singles last year. Get all that? The single I'm referring to is Life Magazine, which actually served as my intro to this great band which features Caralee McElroy of Xiu-Xiu infamy. Boomkat, who are seldom wrong about anything, described Love Comes Close as one of the best darkwave albums ever. That's high praise, considering the source. And I have to agree that the album was one of last years strongest, if not a little short (and what is with all these short albums people release these days? ceo, Memory Tapes, etc.). i highly suggest you give this album a shot if you like anything darkwave, new wave,..anything with a wave at the end really. Check out ALL their stuff though because they can get pretty experimental and it fits them just as well this more pop-y stuff does.

Cold Cave "Life Magazine" from Focus Creeps on Vimeo.


And those dudes in Delorean did a (as per usual for Delorean) killer remix of the track for the Life Magazine remix EP!

No comments:

Post a Comment