Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tanlines - Real Life


I've been loving this Tanlines Settings EP lately. In fact, in the past week I've probably listened to it more than anything else. It took a bit for me to get into it, but now it's indispensable. It has a tropical feel but also a dramatic synthy bent to it as well. 'Past Life' is the most instantly hooky song on the EP, but it's also one of those songs you hear differently once you understand the Tanlines universe. This is sunny, bright music that doesn't really remind me of all the other music I associate with the words sunny and bright right now (ie Air France, Washed Out, Memory Cassette, Friend). It's unique but accessible. It may take a few listens but this one is hard to ignore once you give yourself over to it.

You can buy the 12" or the digital version here

No comments:

Post a Comment